DC 2000WG XML Edition
Standalone and LAN/WAN
- This is ideal solution for individual and small group of
users (<5-15) and relatively small amount of documents (<15,000-20,000). Any
ODBC-compliant database can be used to store document profile data.
- Document files are stored in their original places with
associated document profile data stored in the database. Long file names and UNC
(<Computer>\\Drive\Dir\Filename) file names are supported.
- Requires that each user should have license for the database
access and each user should be granted rights for database resources access as well.
- Document Exchange - exports various control data (such as
transmittal forms, reports, document profile) into XML document for future processing by
- Visual access to data via Explorer-style interface.
- Controlled access to documents via user name and password
(can use Windows login name for automatic registration).
- Built-in customizable check-in/checkout procedures.
- Built-in customizable Revision control procedures.
- Built-in transmittal forms for document import and export
- Document Import and Export. Direct publishing tools to store
online documents to the CD archives.
- Direct tools to publish documents for the Internet Access.
- Customizable workflow via programmable event handlers.
- Drive substitution table for LAN/WAN installation
- Programmable Workflow via DocuLogic
- Automatic configuration during setup.
- XML export of the control data
- Win 95/98/NT 3.51/4.0
- Each PC should have ODBC driver installed and configured.
- Each PC should have read-write access to the DC setup
directory on the network.
- Each PC should have access to the drives with documents
(mapped drive or UNC)
- Each user should have configured account in the document
- Normal File system
- Mapped drives or UNC access to files
- Long file name support.
Database for document profiles
- Any ODBC-compliant database can be used to store document
profile. End users can use sample database as a template or use existing document